Public transport in Warsaw is well-organized. There are two underground lines called Metro, trams, buses and Fast City Train (SKM)
You can use all types of public transport with a valid single ticket or a valid Warsaw City Card. During the first journey the ticket should be validated immediately after boarding the vehicle. When travelling by metro, you should validate the ticket at the entrance gate before entering the platform, or in the validating machine available next to the lift. Tickets sale points can be found almost everywhere: kiosks, news agencies, shops, post offices or ticket machines which can be found also in buses, trams and trains.
There are several kinds of tickets:
- Time tickets (20-, 75-minute)
- Weekend tickets (valid from Friday afternoon till Sunday evening).
- 30-day tickets
- 90-day tickets
All students up to 26 are entitled to 50% discount tickets if they have a valid students document (student ID).
Your personal Warsaw City Card (WKM) 30- and 90-day tickets is a card with an imprint of your photo and personal data on the reverse page. In order to make the Warsaw City Card you only need to fill an application form in, attach a photo (3,5 x 4,5 cm) and submit them in one of the ZTM Passenger Service Centres. You can also fill an application in via website, unfortunately, only in Polish: https://personalizacja.ztm.waw.pl . The closest ZTM Passenger Service Centre is located near the Wileński Railway Station.
You can read more about tickets and prices here:
The jakdojade.pl app is recommended to help anyone travel through almost any city in Poland. It is a public transport app which provides detailed directions for the majority of cities in Poland. When starting the app for the first time you can choose the city you’re in from a list of supported places.
The closest stops near WSM:
- Kawęczyńska-Bazylika (tram stop) – 1 minute away from the University
- Dworzec Wschodni (East Railway Station bus stop, tram stop, train station) – 15 minutes away from the university
- Korsaka (bus stop) – ten minutes away from the university
- Dworzec Wileński (Wileński Railway Station bus stop, tram stop, metro station, train station) – 25 minutes away from the university